The Commercial and Autonomous Vehicles workshops will cover the latest in technology for the industry, with topics such as telematics, blockchain, and road safety.
26 November 2018
12:00 – 12:30 Benefits of telematics and driver training in the trucking industry
- How can telematics help reduce operational costs
- Importance of truck driver training relating to safety and reducing operating costs
- How active & passive safety systems on trucks are evolving in reducing accidents and fatalities.
Speaker: Naveen Sook, FleetBoard Manager at Daimler Commercial Vehicles MENA
13:00 – 13:30 How is AI and Blockchain used in commercial vehicles?
- Smart and Dynamic Contracts
- Machine and Deep learning application for rates standardization
- Bot based transportation coordination
Speaker: Abhinav Chaudhary, COO at Truxapp MENASA
14:00 – 14:30 Fueling the Future: Automated Driving and Intelligent Connectivity solutions
Speakers: Andrew Bevan, Smart Mobility Director, Parsons and Hamid Iravani, Transportation Planning Director and Fellows Board Member, Parsons
15:00 – 15:30 Importance of tyre rotation in industrial /off highway vehicles
- Right time & procedure for tyre rotation
- Fitment of right tyre on the same axle & in case of dual fitment
- Extracting maximum performance in case of bias & radial mix on the machine
Speaker: Rahul Bhardwaj, Divisional Head for AMA Region – Off Highway Tyres at Apollo Tyres Middle East
14:00 – 14:30 Road safety in commercial vehicles
- The responsibility of the transportation industry
- The 3x E’s of road safety
- How to bring it to life!
Speaker: Thomas Edelmann, Founder & Managing Director at RoadSafetyUAE